Moving from cowboy coding to agile development

Friday, November 11, 2005

The World Doesn't Want Me to Code

I've been busy this week. It culminated today, when I spent the whole "working" day doing another school assignment. I slept only a couple of hours last night, trying to finish the task in time. I couldn't make it, and when I realized I would miss the deadline, I laid back a bit. Leaving my laptop on standby I spent two hours elsewhere. When I came back, the machine had crashed and failed to reboot.

So, there I was, staring at a laptop with a (probably) broken hard drive. The code I was working on was (and is) probably gone for good. After the first hour (or two, or three) I am finally starting to realize this isn't the end of the World... just the end of the coding spree I really would have needed.

No comments: